I’m Ash, an Aussie who’s taken 40+ Hawaiian Island trips and now lives on Oahu. Here to provide Hawaii holiday inspiration!
• Hawaii holiday inspiration served daily on Facebook
• Regular Hawaii blog posts
• Published Hawaii travel articles
• Stay in my Airbnb Waikiki apartments
• Find answers to Hawaii FAQs
• Browse and book your Hawaii tours, activities and experiences
• Hawaii tourism news via Twitter
• Confirm Oahu airport transfers
• Request Hawaii car hire
• Utilise Hawaii travel resources
• Purchase my tasty Waikiki Eats Map
• Shop Hawaii-style ’til you drop
• Get the latest What’s On Hawaii events calendar
• Share your visit on Instagram @hawaiiadmirer #hawaiiadmirer
The Hawaii Admirer Story
That’s me on the rim of a volcano crater during my first trip to paradise!
In 2009 I landed my dream job as the Marketing Manager of Hawaii Tourism Oceania, later becoming the Country Manager of Australia.
I spent six years marketing the Hawaiian Islands as the ultimate holiday destination, educating travellers about the amazing experiences Hawaii has to offer.
With our head office in Honolulu, I flew to Hawaii often for meetings, conferences and special events. I also organised and led many famils, tours designed to showcase the best of the destination to travel agents.
I even did a spot or two on Hawaii’s local TV, sharing the good news about the growing number of Aussies travelling to the Aloha State! Australian tourists to Hawaii have increased 176%, from 121,482 visitors in 2009 to a record 335,753 visitors in 2016.
Instead of getting Hawaii’d out I returned to the islands for my vacations, again and again. By the end of 2015 I’d visited Oahu, Maui, Hawaii Island and Kauai multiple times, clocking up over forty trips.
I got to know and fall in love with Hawaii’s people, place and culture. The experiences I had, the locals I met, the genuine spirit of aloha I felt, all touched me and influenced who I am today, a huge admirer of Hawaii.
This admiration turned into a longing to move to Hawaii… after a lot of investigation and hard work, everything fell into place. I’m now lucky enough to call Oahu home.
Today I work day-to-day in Hawaii’s vibrant travel industry and enjoy being a “Superhost” of five-star rated Airbnb apartments in Waikiki.
The Hawaii Admirer is my passion project where I enjoy sharing insider knowledge about an incredible part of the world. I hope it helps you dream, plan and book the best Hawaii holiday possible!
RELATED >> Contact